Dr. Bernstein received his undergraduate training at UCLA and a Ph.D. in Psychology from Wright Institute. He was a psychotherapist for 9 years and then worked as a computer systems analyst for 13 years.
Dr. Bernstein started IHR in 1994 in order to provide general consumer healthcare information on the Internet. In 1995, he began specializing in providing infertility information and in developing, hosting, and promoting infertility websites. Since that time, he's guided IHR's growth to its current position now as the leading promoter of infertility services and products on the Internet.
"I've been working on the Internet for over 22 years and I'm still very excited about the way it facilitates communication between people and organizations. I love the IHR work I do, such as providing helpful information for consumers, helping clients promote their fertility practices, adding new IHR services, using technology to achieve business ends, promoting IHR, and working with IHR's team."
On a personal note....I love aikdo. I received my 3rd-degree (Sandan) blackbelt in aikido in November 2016. Here's a video of my Sandan demonstration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wmZepl3Ro
Internet and Reproductive Medicine Activities
- Owner and President, Internet Health Resources Company
(IHR). IHR provides Web site development, hosting, and promotion for infertility organizations.
(1994 - present)
- A.R.T. Academy Advisory Board of the Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology
Professionals, Inc. (1997 - 1999)
- Co-Founder, Bay Area Internet Users Group (1995 - 1998)
Internet - Speaking and Publications
- Presentation at Association of Reproductive Managers (ARM) Western
Region Meeting, on April 1, 2005 - "Internet’s Role in Practice Development"
- Presentation at ASRM 2004 Annual Meeting, Roundtable Luncheon, on October
19 - “Is the Internet Bringing You Patients? If Not, Why Not?”
- Presentation at ASRM 2003 Annual Meeting, Workshop, on October 15 - "Promoting
your Practice on the Internet"
- Published "Ensure
That Your Site Design is Optimized for Search Engines" in the
Winter 2000 issue of the Embryologists' Newsletter.
- Presentation at ASRM 1999 Western Section Post Graduate Meeting, on April
10 - "Successful
Internet Marketing for Infertility Practices"
- Contributed to Dr. Yakov Epstein's article "Infertility
Resources on the Internet," published in Assisted Reproduction Reviews, Volume
7, Number 2.
- Published "Get Answers to Some Key Marketing Questions Before You Build an Internet Site" article in the January 1996 issue of Medicine on the Net (journal for physicians about the Internet).
Health Care Experience
- Post-Doctoral Internship, Kaiser Hospital, Psychiatry Department
(Oakland, 1982 - 1983)
- Pre-Doctoral Internship, U.S. Public Health Hospital, Psychiatry Department (San
Francisco, 1980 - 1981)
- Psychotherapist: Provided psychotherapy in hospitals, community mental health, and
private practice settings (San Francisco Bay Area, 1975 - 1984)
- Evaluation Consultant : Evaluated the functioning of numerous healthcare agencies, including a federal National Institute of Mental Health study and a S.F. Community Mental Health organization (San Francisco Bay Area, 1979 - 1984)
- Researcher : Worked on several research projects including studying marital interaction patterns, social networks of schizophrenics, and heroin addicts (San Francisco Bay Area, 1979 - 1984)
Computer Systems Experience
- Senior Computer Systems Analyst, Indus International. Designed, tested, and documented computer software; and worked with customers implementing complex enterprise computer systems. (San Francisco, 1993 to
- Computer Systems Analyst, Industrial Indemnity Insurance. Helped develop and
maintain a medical cost containment system which contained bill auditing,
utilization review, percent discounts, and per diem pricing. (San Francisco, 1987 to 1993)
- Instructional Designer and Manager, Inpsych. Developed documentation and instructional material for the computer industry. (Silicon Valley, 1984 - 1986)
Education, Licenses, and Awards:
- Ph.D., Psychology, 1983, Wright Institute, Berkeley, California. California State
- Marriage Family and Child Counseling license (No. M12489), 1978
- 1990, California.
- M.A., Psychology, 1976, Lone Mountain College, San Francisco,
- B.A., Social-Psychology, 1972, University of California at Los Angeles. Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Honors Program in Psychology, National Science Foundation Research Grant Winner, and California State Scholarship Winner.