Adding Your Detailed 20-Page Donor Questionnaire to the IHR Egg Donor
IHR Hosted Egg Donor Database - Home
IHR provides numerous ways for you to add your detailed 20-page donor
questionnaire to the IHR Egg Donor Database. Note that there is a
small additional charge for "donor file download." Here are some of the methods used
by a prospective donor to answer questions in a 20-page questionnaire. The
methods range from simplest to most sophisticated:
|Prospective Donor Method to
||Workflow and Comments
(includes approximate labor hours in bold)
|1) Handwrite answers on a
||This is currently the most
method used by donor programs:
- Prospective donor downloads a blank form (PDF or MS Word) from
the Donor Program website, handwrites her answers on the form, and
returns the completed form to the donor program.
- Donor programs then does one of the following with the completed
- scans the form into electronic format
- or retypes the form into electronic format (e.g. an MS Word
- Donor program then converts the file into PDF format, and
uploads the PDF file to the IHR Egg Donor Database.
|2) Enter answers into a PDF form
which contains enterable fields.
||IHR recommends this method as it
is the simplest way to display completed questionnaires with typed, not
handwritten, answers. Here's the workflow:
- Donor Program, or IHR, converts an existing MS Word questionnaire
into a PDF file with enterable fields. This work does not require a
large amount of technical skill, however, it is very labor intensive
because each and every MS Word field must be converted into a PDF
enterable field. Two options:
- If IHR does the conversion, then there is a one-time labor
charge of about 4-6 hours, depending on the number of data fields
in the questionnaire.
- If the Donor Program does the conversion, then you would need to
purchase a conversion application, such as
Acrobat 9 Standard.
- Donor Program uploads the blank PDF form (with enterable fields) to
- Prospective donor downloads the form from the Donor Program website, completes the PDF form by entering information into data
fields, saves the form to their computer, then emails the form to the
- Donor Program the uploads the completed PDF file to the IHR Egg
Donor Database, where recipients can now download the PDF form.
|3) Enter answers into an online
NOTE: IHR is not yet offering this method. If there is
sufficient client interest, IHR may add this method in late 2010 or 2011.
|This method provides the
following advantages over the two previous methods:
- It offers the most streamlined workflow for prospective donors and
- The data is stored online, in a database tabular format, which you
can view at any time.
IHR or the donor program can create the online database form:
- If IHR creates the online form for you, then there would be labor
charges of about 5-10 hours.
- If the donor program has someone technically inclined then the
donor program can use IHR's online form-creation tool to create all the questions in
the online form, except for the fields in tabular format. Due to
technical difficulty, IHR's programmers would need to create fields in tabular format.
Each tabular format section of fields would
take 2-5 hours, depending on tabular complexity.