When You're Considering Infertility Treatment
If you've had difficulty trying to conceive and are considering treatment at an infertility clinic, this is a big decision. These pages can provide valuable information to help make this a more knowledgeable and, hopefully, successful journey.
Before You Begin
- Understand what to expect with fertility testing
- Review the state infertility insurance laws to assist you with financial considerations.
You'll want some support during this process.
- Definitely consider joining RESOLVE, as well as participating in a RESOLVE Local Chapter support group.
- If you decide to go forward with treatment, the Infertility Treatments
page contains extensive pointers to treatment information such
as IVF, ICSI, egg donation and much more.
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
also has information for patients (e.g.,
Assisted Reproductive Technologies: A Guide for Parents
- You can also read books, which can be found on IHR's InfertilityBooks.com website.
Select an IVF Clinic
OK, now it's time to select an IVF clinic.
- First make sure you review
how to select an IVF
- Then review the
IHR.com directory of Infertility IVF Clinics.
Feel free to contact any of the clinics with questions before and during
- If you'll be using an egg donor as part
of this process, you may want to review
how to select an
- For a list of egg donor programs, you can review the
IHR.com directory of Egg Donor and Surrogacy Programs.
- After you begin treatment, stay in touch with your support groups.
Best wishes on your journey.