IHR Guidelines for
Promotional Text Listings
IHR's goal is to provide educational web pages that are easy to use and helpful. To achieve this goal, we strive to present promotional listings with educationally slanted text, rather than promotionally slanted text. We want Internet users to:
- Quickly and easily understand how the listings are organized on the page
- Quickly and easily understand each listed organization
To help us achieve these goals, please use the following guidelines for your promotional listings.
Line 1: Organization Name
- The IHR listing listings should contain the organization's name, rather than the doctors'
- The organization's name in the IHR listing and their website, should be
- If a listing is sponsored by another organization, the sponsoring
organization may add identifying words to indicate that they are the sponsor,
using these guidelines:
- Maximum of three words
- Words can be italics, but not bold
- The text color should be consistent with other text colors on the page. Here is an example: "Sponsor Network Member".
Line 2: Location Line
- IHR prefers to use a metropolitan areas for the location. However, if you
prefer, you may use your city.
- The goal for the Location line is for Internet users to quickly see
objective office location information that is relevant to them. The
Location line is written from the user's point of view. This line is not
organizational branding (which can be placed in the 25-word description). For
- Do not include words such as "convenient" or "conveniently located."
- This is not a line for branding your organization as having a regional or national presence. See the Location line table below for details.
Examples of Location line text:
|Your office locations are here:||And your IHR.com listing is in this state section:||Then, your Location line would say:||Comments|
|Houston||Texas||"(Houston)"||This is a standard Location line.|
|Houston||New York||"(located in Houston, Texas)"||This is an out-of-state listing, so IHR adds "located in _____."|
|Houston and Chicago||Texas||"(Houston)"||Although you have offices in both Houston and Chicago, the text will only say "Houston," since the Internet user looking in the Texas section only needs to know the Texas locations.|
|Houston and Chicago||New York||"(located in Houston, Texas and Chicago, Illinois)"||In this case you have no office in New York state. The location line would then include both Houston and Chicago. That way, the person looking in the New York section could learn that you do have locations outside of New York state.|
Line 3: 25-Word Description
Your 25-word description should ideally have the following goals:
- Emphasize the unique benefits of your services or products.
- Clearly and accurately describe your organization's services and/or
- Provide educational information, and avoid the use of extravagant promotional claims.
Your 25-word description:
- Must be a maximum of 25 words
- Must adhere to "ASRM
Guidelines for Advertisers" especially, please note the following items:
- #2 - "Claims made in advertisements must be supported by reliable data."
- #3 - "...using SART Clinic Specific Data for advertising/marketing that ranks or compares clinics or practices is unacceptable and is not permitted."
Additional guidelines for your description:
|Text can contain:
Links to Your Website
- The link to your website must allow users to return to the IHR starting page
by clicking once on the browser's "Back" button.